Minority Owned Business Chamber Membership Grant
Through collaboration, the Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, The Community Foundation of Elkhart County, and the Business Diversity Initiative are providing grants for Chamber membership to Minority Owned Businesses and organizations.
The mission of the Chamber is to be the leading resource for making connections that foster collaboration which serves and promotes efforts to strengthen the Greater Elkhart business community. We do this by advocating for business with local, state and federal officials, providing access to educational opportunities to support business growth, and creating networking opportunities that enhance connections between businesses.
Minority Owned Business Chamber Membership grants are offered to qualified minority owned businesses and allotted over the span of three (3) years, if the recipient meets yearly requirements. Funds will be distributed as follows:
- Year 1: Member will pay 25% of membership dues at $105
- Year 2: Member will pay 50% of membership dues at $210
- Year 3: Member will pay 75% of membership dues at $315
- Year 4: Member will pay full renewal amount
Eligible businesses/organization must operate within the South Bend-Elkhart region and services must directly benefit Elkhart County.
Applicant must attend at least 2 Business Diversity Initiative (BDI) council meetings OR attend 1 Business After Hours event OR 1 Chamber event within twelve months prior to submitting application.
The following are requirements, for each year your business receives the grant, to maintain access to the Minority Owned Business Chamber Membership Grant:
- Attend a 1-hour Chamber orientation (within two months after joining; one time only)
- Attend 4 council meetings (please see brochure for council information)
- Attend at least 1 Business After Hours
- Attend at least 1 Chamber event (in addition to the Business After Hours)
Business/organizations applying must meet one of the following criteria:
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits not having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Small Businesses
- Minority Owned Business Chamber Membership grants may be awarded to companies that employ ten (10) or fewer people.
- Business must be in good standing with the State of Indiana.
- Interested businesses may complete and submit the form below or pick up the application at the Greater Chamber of Elkhart office located at 418 S Main St, Elkhart Indiana 46516.
- Applicants may be mailed or dropped off at the Greater Elkhart Chamber office. Greater Elkhart Chamber staff will review all submitted requests.
- Applications open and close on the following dates:
January 1 – January 31
April 1 – April 30
July 1 – July 31
October 1 – October 31
Applicants will receive notice of their application up to two weeks after the close date.
Note: Membership dues are as of January 1, 2023 and subject to change.