RECOGNIZING OUTSTANDING BUSINESSES
The Business Recognition Council consists of members who are passionate about seeking out and recognizing exceptional examples of businesses and not-for-profit entities. They seek out businesses that merit recognition based upon involvement in the Chamber community, promotion of industry within the Elkhart area and advocacy for smaller businesses.
Each year, the council recognizes 12 businesses of the month. These businesses then compete for the “Business of the Year,” which is announced at the Chamber Annual Meeting. The Council also awards one “Not-For-Profit of the Year” winner. The council also recognizes 4 businesses quarterly who have greatly enhanced their properties visually, to better add to the vitality of our community.
To recognize and celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit as demonstrated by outstanding member businesses in the Elkhart area, as well encourage businesses to enhance the visual image of their properties, thus instilling pride and vitality in our community.
Business of the Month Awards
The Council grants awards based upon merit. Each business interviewed will be judged on innovative product or service, growth, community involvement and other unique factors.
Each business nominated must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current member in good standing with the Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce for two or more consecutive years
- Be in business at least three years
- There are no restrictions to the type of business
- Recognition is made by presenting Business of the Month Award
Do you know a qualifying business? To nominate them click here.
BEAUTIFYING OUR COMMUNITY
The Council recognizes those businesses who exemplify innovative and extraordinary beautification efforts to enhance our community.
- Beautification of existing property, structure or landscaping, remodeling to enhance overall appearance of property
- Be a current member in good standing, but no restrictions on length of membership time
- Select and recognize businesses and not-for-profit entities making outstanding beautification efforts either through new construction or renovations in our community
- Recognition is made by selecting a quarterly winner and presenting them with a Fairbanks Award
Do you know a qualifying business? To nominate them, click here.
Council Meeting Time: 4th Wednesday, 4 pm
Council Co-Chairs: Amy Varga, Centier Bank and David Neeser, Teachers Credit Union
Board Liaisons: Haley Boling, Boling Vision Center and Emma Jordan, Specialized Staffing Solutions
Staff Liaison: Kathy Cardwell