The OSHA Council is an organization of member companies with an interest in safety and health awareness in the workplace. Representatives meet for breakfast monthly to update themselves on regulatory changes and hear from fellow safety professionals with other companies. The Council provides a great opportunity for networking with other safety directors, human resources personnel, plant managers and members of plant safety committees to share expertise, learn from each other and exchange best safety practices.
Any Chamber member may send one or more representatives to the monthly breakfast meeting, but reservations are required.
To promote safety and health in the workplace through a professional forum and networking with the goal of exchanging knowledge, expertise and best practices.
- Inform members on the latest actual and proposed changes in OSHA regulations and legislation at the national and state levels
- Conduct monthly breakfast meetings with presentations on subjects relative to occupational safety and health
- Provide training on basic OSHA regulations and programs through 10- and 20-hour voluntary compliance seminars
- Coordinate with the Environmental Council to sponsor an annual conference
- Coordinate with CBE (Center for Business Excellence) to provide health and safety assistance to local businesses
Council Meeting Time: (September – May) 3rd Wednesday 7:30 am
Council Co-Chairs: Mary Barrett, Patrick Industries and Steve Yaw, NIBCO
Board Liaison: Dave Gurizzian, Kem Krest
Staff Liaison: Merritt Dilts
OSHA Council Breakfasts are open to all Greater Elkhart Chamber members
2021-22 OSHA Breakfast Program Schedule
Will be announced soon!
2021 Event and Training Schedule
October 12-13, 2021
10 Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance