The OSHA Council is an organization of member companies with an interest in safety and health awareness in the workplace. Representatives meet for breakfast monthly to update themselves on regulatory changes and hear from fellow safety professionals with other companies. The Council provides a great opportunity for networking with other safety directors, human resources personnel, plant managers and members of plant safety committees to share expertise, learn from each other and exchange best safety practices.
Any Chamber member may send one or more representatives to the monthly breakfast meeting, but reservations are required.
To promote safety and health in the workplace through a professional forum and networking with the goal of exchanging knowledge, expertise and best practices.
- Inform members on the latest actual and proposed changes in OSHA regulations and legislation at the national and state levels
- Conduct monthly breakfast meetings with presentations on subjects relative to occupational safety and health
- Provide training on basic OSHA regulations and programs through 10- and 30-hour voluntary compliance seminars
- Coordinate with the Environmental Council to sponsor an annual conference
- Coordinate with CBE (Center for Business Excellence) to provide health and safety assistance to local businesses
Council Meeting Time: (September – May) 3rd Wednesday 7:30 am
Council Co-Chairs: Mary Barrett, Patrick Industries and Darrick Parker, Thor Industries
Board Liaisons: Jason Demeter, Industrial Safety & Environmental Services and Eric Thomason, NIBCO Inc.
Staff Liaison: Merritt Dilts
OSHA Council Breakfasts are open to all Greater Elkhart Chamber members
2023-24 OSHA Breakfast Program Schedule
|Sep 20||Building Effective Safety Committees|
|Oct 18||Machine Guarding|
|Nov 15||Active Shooter Preparedness|
|Dec 20||Annual IOSHA Update|
|Jan 17||Workers Compensation from the Insurer’s Perspective|
|Feb 21||Creative Safety Training|
|Mar 20||Emergency Action Planning and Fire Extinguisher Training|
|Apr 17||Fall Protection|
|May 15||Local Best Practices and Safety Wins|
2023-24 Event/Training Schedule
|Safety Conscious Supervision Workshop||Sept 28, 2023|
|10 Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance||Oct 3-4, 2023|
|Root Cause Accident Investigation Workshop||Nov 30, 2023|
|10 Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance||Jan 31-Feb 1, 2024|
|20 Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance||Mar 5-6-7, 2024|
|Safety Conscious Supervision Workshop||Apr 25, 2024|
|10 Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance||Oct 2-3, 2024|