The OSHA Council is an organization of member companies with an interest in safety and health awareness in the workplace. Representatives meet for breakfast monthly to update themselves on regulatory changes and hear from fellow safety professionals with other companies. The Council provides a great opportunity for networking with other safety directors, human resources personnel, plant managers and members of plant safety committees to share expertise, learn from each other and exchange best safety practices.
Any Chamber member may send one or more representatives to the monthly breakfast meeting, but reservations are required.
To promote safety and health in the workplace through a professional forum and networking with the goal of exchanging knowledge, expertise and best practices.
- Inform members on the latest actual and proposed changes in OSHA regulations and legislation at the national and state levels
- Conduct monthly breakfast meetings with presentations on subjects relative to occupational safety and health
- Provide training on basic OSHA regulations and programs through 10- and 30-hour voluntary compliance seminars
- Coordinate with the Environmental Council to sponsor an annual conference
- Coordinate with CBE (Center for Business Excellence) to provide health and safety assistance to local businesses
Council Meeting Time: (September – May) 3rd Wednesday 7:30 am
Council Co-Chairs: Mary Barrett, Patrick Industries and Darrick Parker, Thor Industries
Board Liaisons: Jason Demeter, Industrial Safety & Environmental Services and Eric Thomason, NIBCO Inc.
Staff Liaison: Merritt Dilts
OSHA Council Breakfasts are open to all Greater Elkhart Chamber members
2022-23 OSHA Breakfast Program Schedule
Sep 21 Controlling Workers Comp Costs
Oct 19 Active Shooter
Nov 16 Creative Safety Training Strategies
Dec 21 Simple Technology for Safety Inspections
Jan 18 Artificial Intelligence (AI) Driven Safety Solutions for Ergonomic Assessments
Feb 15 Emergency Action Planning
Mar 15 Best Safety Practice Sharing: Dust Collection/Control, Engaging Safety Teams, LOTO, Machine Guarding
Apr 19 Managing the Aftermath of Trauma Incidents
May 17 Annual IOSHA Update
2023 Event/Training Schedule
10 Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance Jan 31/Feb 1, 2023
20 Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance March 7-8-9, 2023
Safety Conscious Supervision Workshop April 27, 2023
10 Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance October 3-4, 2023