YOU CAN GET THERE FROM HERE!
The Transportation Council is working hard to make sure that after you make it, you can take it where it needs to go!
The Council has built valuable relationships with local, regional, and state transportation officials. We continually meet with them to review timetables for area transportation projects.
We advocate for continuous and coordinated improvement in the network which serves transportation needs in Elkhart County and connecting our community to other areas. This includes highways, air transportation, rail service, and other multi-modal forms of transportation.
Continue to promote improvements to major projects, including:
- US 31 corridor
- CR 17 corridor
- Nappanee Street/ SR 19 corridor
- CR 6/Cleveland Road corridor
- US 20 corridor
- US 33 corridor
- New railroad grade separations
- We have built and maintained a solid working relationship with INDOT.
- After years of effort, a limited-access US 31 from South Bend to Indianapolis will happen sooner than anticipated.
- With our assistance, CR 17 has become an important economic corridor.
- Through cooperation, SR 19 from Lusher Ave to the US 20 Bypass was accomplished years before it was scheduled.
- We have had vital roles in the Indiana Avenue underpass, municipal airport tower, Cassopolis Street, and Major Moves.
Council Meeting Time: 2nd Friday 8 am
Council Chair: Kent Schumacher, Elkhart County Highway
Board Liaison: Rick Fedder, ITR Concession Company LLC
Staff Liaison: Kay House-Clark