FACE THE REGULATORS WITH CONFIDENCE
Local companies are faced with changing environmental regulations and public expectations about clean operations. Thanks to the Environmental Council, our businesses are ready to meet the new requirements while increasing production.
The Environmental Council updates members on area inspections and changing rules. A timely presentation on an environmental topic keeps the attendees up-to-date on regulatory issues. The Council also plans an annual Environmental and Safety Conference to provide companies with tips for compliance.
- Provide educational opportunities and a forum for regional companies to discuss environmental requirements and initiatives, while encouraging wider participation and additional membership.
- Provide input on local, state and federal legislation and regulations to promote the mutual importance of environmental responsibility and economic development.
- Recognize and promote environmental stewardship by forming partnerships between local industries, businesses and government.
- Provide a forum for peer to peer exchange of information relating to environmental issues.
- Coordinate with the OSHA Council to provide an annual Environmental and Safety Conference to encourage regional involvement on important topics and ideas.
- Provide opportunities to allow Chamber members to maintain certifications in hazardous waste handling, wastewater and/or other topics of professional importance.
- Encourage environmental sustainability by providing recognition and education to local industries, business and government.
Council Meeting Time: 4th Friday 8 am (Jan – May and Sept – Oct)
Board Liaison: Eric Thomason, NIBCO, Inc.
Staff Liaison: Kay House-Clark