FACE THE REGULATORS WITH CONFIDENCELocal companies are faced with changing environmental regulations and public expectations about clean operations. Thanks to the Environmental Council, our businesses are ready to meet the new requirements while increasing production.
Each month, the Environmental Council updates members on area inspections and changing rules. A timely presentation on an environmental topic keeps the attendees up-to-date on regulatory issues. The Council also plans an annual Environmental and Safety Conference to provide companies with tips for compliance.
- Regionalism: Provide educational opportunities and a forum for Michiana companies
- Leadership: Provide input on local, state and federal legislation and regulations
- Sustainability: Recognize and promote environmental stewardship
- Technology: Share experiences with online reporting and other advances
- Organize an annual Environmental and Safety Conference, connecting top presenters with local environmental and safety managers
- Provide speakers and guidelines for changing reporting requirements
- Promote county efforts toward “attainment status”
- Promote pollution prevention and sustainability best practices
- Advocate on environmental legislation