CONNECTING BUSINESS AND EDUCATION
To support, promote and align with our education system, worker training and instruction programs to help our citizens meet the demands of the future.
- To facilitate the collaboration between educators and local businesses in the greater Elkhart area.
- To encourage greater representation from business and educational institutions to help maintain the balance of council membership.
- To increase the level and quality of communication and interaction about children from birth, Pre-K through K-12 and higher education between school corporations, higher educational institutions, businesses, government, and not for profits.
- To support the increase level of career and college readiness in Elkhart County.
- Strengthen relationships with elected officials, endorse legislative issues and remain engaged in local economic development that is impacting local education.
- Take an active role in supporting the county wide Work Ethic Certificate Program.
- Identify opportunities to welcome and integrate new educators to the community.
- Recognize innovative programs impacting Elkhart community that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to support education and career development.
- Continue to conduct a Career Day Program with local schools and explore the opportunities to reach students with college & career readiness initiatives.
- Ensure our work as a council is focused on driving innovation and providing value to the business community through collaboration with educational initiatives.
- Explore ways to partner with higher education, school corporations, and educational initiatives.
Career Day: This program is designed to bring career information to students and help them determine their career path by highlighting opportunities in Elkhart County. To register for Career Day, contact Kathy Cardwell
Business & Education Partnership Award: This award is given to Chamber member businesses demonstrating an ongoing relationship with a school in the Elkhart area through the use of time and resources. To nominate, click here
New Educator Welcome: To increase communication and interaction between school corporations and the business community, we have organized an event to welcome new educators to the Elkhart community. To donate promotional items to the New Educator Welcome bags or sponsor the bags contact Kathy Cardwell
Education Council Meeting Time: 2nd Thursday 8 am
Council Chair: Bart Fore, WorkOne Northern
Board Liaisons: Andrew Asma, Edward Jones Investments and Chantella Newsome, Genai Excellence Academy, Inc.
Staff Liaison: Kathy Cardwell