Michiana Lean NetworkMichiana LEAN Network
Dedicated to improving competitiveness through LEAN & other Continuous Improvement concepts, Leadership Development and Collaboration
Michiana LEAN Network is an organization comprised of diverse companies who seek to improve their competitive edge by gaining and sharing knowledge in LEAN concepts and best continuous improvement practices.
It is the network’s goal to provide education to our membership through the use of both internal and external resources and to share experience and insight that will allow each of us
to compete more effectively on a global scale.
What is Lean?
LEAN is a systematic approach to identifying and eliminating waste through continuous improvement by flowing the product at the pull of the customer.
- Networking, benchmarking, and learning opportunities
- Education opportunities from internal & external resources
- Fresh perspective from other member companies
- Access to the latest news, views, and techniques
- Opportunity to avoid mistakes previously experienced by other member companies
- Membership entitles a member company to 3 permanent seats in the network and unlimited company representatives at network functions.
- To provide maximum advantage of the knowledge & experience of other member companies through networking
- To provide opportunities to observe & benchmark LEAN applications in other member companies
- To provide training and learning opportunities in LEAN & Continuous Improvement concepts
Annual membership fee of $500 is discounted to $250 for any company holding membership in their regional Chamber of Commerce. These fees will be used to defray CBE costs of sponsoring and administering this network.
If you are uncertain about joining this network, you are welcome to attend one meeting as a guest to observe and ask questions to evaluate the value of network membership.
2018 Event Schedule:
Jan 11 Event at Aluminum Trailer Company
Feb 1 Joe Murli, Murli Group (Partner) Presentation – People Centered Lean
Mar 1 Event at Beacon Health: EGH Campus – Sustaining Your Lean Journey
Apr 12 Event at NIBCO: Lean Training Simulation on Flow and Pull Systems
May 3 How to Optimize Your Facility Infrastructure Expansion through Process Planning
Jun 7 Lean Robotics – Robots Working Collaboratively with Operators
Jul 12 TBD
Aug 2 People and Leader Development
Sep 6 Event at Clay Bottom Farm
Oct 4 Road Trip to Steelcase or Herman Miller
Please note: date may vary slightly to best meet host company schedules
Nov 1 Event at Goshen Health
Dec 6 Lean Network Service Project
The network meets from 8 -10 am on the first Thursday of the month (with some exceptions). Meetings are held at the Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, 418 S. Main St., Elkhart. Alternate months are normally Benchmarking tours at member companies.
For more information, contact
Center for Business Excellence
418 S. Main St, Ste 2C
Elkhart, IN 46516
Phone: (574) 293-3209
Fax: (574) 294-1859